Full Time or Part Time | Regular
Residential and/or Commercial Properties
Compensation: $18-$21 Hourly (negotiable), DOE + Benefits | Non-exempt
Blanton Turner is looking for its next dynamic, communicative, skilled Maintenance Tech to join the Team on a full-time or part-time basis. We are looking for an independent, trustworthy tech to be a self-starter when it comes to being responsible for daily upkeep, unit turns in a timely and efficient manner. This requires displaying a high level of ownership, responsibility, customer service and professionalism. It will be your responsibility to provide cleaning of common areas, maintaining the grounds and general maintenance & repair at selected Blanton Turner properties.
It is the Maintenance Tech's responsibility to provide general maintenance & repair, daily upkeep of the properties and unit turns in a timely and efficient manner - this includes: displaying a high level of ownership, responsibility, customer service and professionalism.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, residents, tenants, the Property Manager, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to implement staffing resources effectively
- Ability to quantify and produce expected results and be responsible for the results of the work
- Aesthetically oriented with an eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Work well under pressure with excellent problem solving skills
- Work well with a wide diversity of people, honestly, ethically with integrity and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of building maintenance and custodial practices and strategies
- To further the brand of Blanton Turner through excellent maintenance of the property.
- Show accountability for all work and actions by setting a strong example and work ethic
- Responsible for managing all aspects of maintenance
- Develop, implement and manage maintenance budget.
- To perform maintenance and repairs of physical property, including but not limited to doing: minor plumbing repair, general carpentry, landscaping, painting drywall and janitorial.
- Set quality standards and ensure quality control.
- Maintain professionalism and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, residents, tenants, the Property manager, Portfolio manager, office staff, and vendors.
- Complete all work in a timely and professional manner.
- Must work safely at all times.
Experience and Characteristics
- 3+ years general building maintenance experience or equivalent training
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Physically able to perform maintenance work in most weather conditions
- Be able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Must have vehicle (reliable), current WSDL and proof of insurance
- Must be Bondable (including criminal and credit background check approval)
- Familiarity with Washington State and City of Seattle Landlord-Tenant laws helpful
- Personal independence, drive and self-initiative
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Long Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- 401k Plan :: Eligible to start participating upon hire and we match dollar for dollar up to 4% and matched funds are vested 100% immediately
- PTO :: Able to accrue up to 16 days in your first year with Blanton Turner. You will accrue an additional day per year each year you work with us up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Paid Holidays :: 9 holidays per year (actual days off may vary)
- Family Medical Leave :: Employees may be entitled to 4 work weeks of paid leave for reasons protected under FMLA (For employees who have worked for the company at least twelve months and at least 1250 hours)
About Blanton Turner
Blanton Turner is a Seattle-based property management firm providing multi-family and student housing developers and owners with real estate solutions for a new economy. We're a proven team that has been working together for years. We think like owners, run properties like the multi-million dollar businesses they are, apply insight gained through our extensive background in development, and enjoy having a little fun while we're at it.
Learn more at www.blantonturner.com