Full Time | Regular
Reports to Property Manager
Hourly, DOE | Non-exempt
Blanton Turner is looking for its next dynamic, communicative, skilled maintenance tech! We are looking for an independent, trustworthy tech to be a self-starter when it comes to being responsible for daily upkeep, unit turns in a timely and efficient manner. This requires displaying a high level of ownership, responsibility, customer service and professionalism. It will be your responsibility to provide cleaning of common areas, maintaining the grounds and general maintenance & repair.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, residents, tenants, the Property Manager, staff, and vendors.
- Ability to implement staffing resources effectively
- Ability to quantify and produce expected results and be responsible for the results of the work
- Aesthetically oriented with an eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Work well under pressure with excellent problem solving skills
- Work well with a wide diversity of people, honestly, ethically with integrity and a sense of humor
- Knowledge of building maintenance and custodial practices and strategies
- To further the brand of Blanton Turner through excellent maintenance of the property.
- Show accountability for all work and actions by setting a strong example and work ethic
- Responsible for managing all aspects of maintenance for select properties
- To perform maintenance and repairs of physical property, including but not limited to doing: minor plumbing repair, general carpentry, landscaping, painting drywall and janitorial.
- Set quality standards and ensure quality control.
- Maintain professionalism and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders including, but not limited to, residents, tenants, the Property manager, Portfolio manager, office staff, and vendors.
- Complete all work in a timely and professional manner.
- Must work safely at all times.
Experience and Characteristics
- 2+ years general building maintenance experience or equivalent training
- 1+ years janitorial experience desired but not required
- Computer proficient (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Physically able to perform maintenance work in most weather conditions.
- Be able to lift up to 90 lbs.
- Familiarity with Washington State and City of Seattle Landlord-Tenant laws helpful
- Personal independence, drive and self-initiative.
About Blanton Turner
Blanton Turner is a Seattle-based property management firm providing multi-family and student housing developers and owners with real estate solutions for a new economy. We're a proven team that has been working together for years. We think like owners, run properties like the multi-million dollar businesses they are, apply insight gained through our extensive background in development, and enjoy having a little fun while we're at it.
Learn more at www.blantonturner.com.