Assistant Manager – Thornton Place Apartments
Full Time | Regular
Reports to Property Manager
Compensation: Salary + competitive benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision, PTO, 401(k))
We are looking for the next Assistant Manager to help oversee Thornton Place Apartments in Seattle's Northgate neighborhood. The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Property Manager with the professional day-to-day management of the buildings while providing exceptional customer, leasing management and business management service. If that sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Reports to the Property Manager.
- Interacts with Blanton Turner Principles, property owners, employees and associates in a professional manner.
- Interacts with residents with the highest level of customer service and positive, professional and will-do attitude.
- Works proactively with business partners including all vendors and other personnel serving the property and its residents to ensure efficient building operations and annual turnover.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience in property management or related field.
- 2 years customer service experience required.
- 4 year college degree required.
- ARM designation desired.
- WA Real Estate license desired.
- Computer literate; proficient with productivity software including MS Office, Office 365 and Google Docs.
- Experience with YARDI Voyager 6.0 desired; ability to learn quickly required.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Show accountability for all work and actions.
Marketing and Leasing
- Perform leasing duties as needed.
- Manage and support office staff in order to reach leasing goals.
- Assist in preparing and adhering to the marketing and leasing plan.
- Have an up-to-date and comprehensive understanding of market trends, comparable properties and the target demographic.
- Collaborate with property manager to assess changes in the rental market through analysis of traffic and historical records.
- Anticipate upcoming occupancy changes and maintain a leasing plan in order to prevent vacancy loss.
- Have a clear understanding of brand execution through all interactions and experiences to ensure brand integrity.
- Maintain Fair Housing guidelines while being culturally aware and be able to work with diverse groups of people and interests.
- Provide superior customer service at all times and continually review and improve customer service strategies.
- Organize, manage and implement rental agreement renewal program.
- Maintain regular, effective communication with residents.
- Perform regular community outreach to build networking relationships throughout the neighborhood.
Financial Reporting & Control
- Manage accounts receivable.
- Complete and distribute legal notifications to residents.
- Review and adhere to the budget.
- Complete all necessary reporting including, but not limited to, leasing traffic reports, market surveys, and social media analytics in a timely manner.
Maintaining the Physical Asset
- Assist Property Manager to prioritize, schedule and monitor daily activities, service requests, inspections, make-ready priorities and construction/improvement projects.
- Perform daily property walk through to identify maintenance issues and prepare for preventative maintenance.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies.
- Organize and maintain systems of documentation and ensure paperwork is complete, accurate, and submitted in a timely manner.
- Work independently without direction, complete follow through on all assignments, and identify projects in areas needing improvement.
- Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Must communicate professionally, concisely, and accurately in person and in writing.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Long Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- 401k Plan :: Eligible to start participating upon hire and we match dollar for dollar up to 4% and matched funds are vested 100% immediately
- PTO :: Able to accrue up to 16 days in your first year with Blanton Turner. You will accrue an additional day per year each year you work with us up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Paid Holidays :: 9 holidays per year (actual days off may vary)
- Family Medical Leave :: Employees may be entitled to 4 work weeks of paid leave for reasons protected under FMLA (For employees who have worked for the company at least twelve months and at least 1250 hours)
About Blanton Turner
Blanton Turner is a Seattle-based property management firm providing multi-family and student housing developers and owners with real estate solutions for a new economy. We're a proven team that has been working together for years. We think like owners, run properties like the multi-million dollar businesses they are, apply insight gained through our extensive background in development, and enjoy having a little fun while we're at it.
Our approach to property management relies on our basis in relationships and perspective of property management as running a multi-million dollar business. Our dynamic management style starts with the people. For every property, we focus on finding the right person with a personality that complements the character of the building. Most of our managers are college graduates, and most also hold advanced credentials from IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management), including Certified Property Manager (CPM), Accredited Residential Manager (ARM) and Accredited Commercial Manager (ACOM) accreditations.
Blanton Turner team members receive the tools and training to succeed, and more importantly, the empowerment to be sensational. What does sensational look like? To us, it's a cared-for property, engaged residents and tenants, and increasing returns to our clients.
Learn more at www.blantonturner.com.